Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Friend

My friend, I stand in judgement now,
And feel that you're to blame somehow.
On earth I walked with you day by day,
And never did you point the way.

You knew the Lord in truth and glory,
But never did you tell the story.
My knowledge then was very dim;
You could have led me safe to Him.

Though we lived together here on earth
You never told me of the second birth,
And now I stand this day condemned
Because you failed to mention Him.

You taught me many things, that's true;
I called you friend and trusted you;
But I learn, now that it's too late,
And you could have kept me from this fate.

We walked by day and talked by night,
And yet you shoed me not the light;
You let me live and love and die,
You knew I'd never live on high.

Yes, I called you "friend" in life
And trusted you through fun and strife.
And yet, on coming to this dreadful end
I cannot, now, call you "my friend".

- Author Unknown

4 comments:

TaylorW said...

Wow, Braswell... This is one solid poem bro. Seriously, I love it. It is so convicting, yet so urgent. I will probably print this poem out and keep it posted by my mirror.

That is something to read everyday. I might even give it to a good friend or to in hope that they will see why I'm sharing the gospel with them. No joke...

excellent post.

Jordan said...

that is in mark cahill's book A Call to Die...

definatley a powerful poem. i actually mentioned it in my blog way back.

makes you realize what matters!

Chelsea said...

jordan...read what you wrote. I just love you.....

"one thing you can't do in Heaven."
david nasser did a call to die.......oh man! At least your reading.

stephen awesome post. great poem that leaves everyone thinking about something!

Jordan said...

o yeah oops...wrong book..

thanks for the correction!