Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankfulness and Turkey: Good combination


Happy Thanksgiving everybody. I hope everyone has taken some time today to stop, really stop, and think about some things they are truly thankful for. Here's a list of things that I am thankful for, in no particular order.

1. My family- It's pretty rare for the wayne braswell clan to get together at the same time. We are all under the same roof this weekend and it is a true blessing. I love all my siblings and my parents are great godly examples for me. Truly a blessing

2. Football- What would thanksgiving be without a little (or a lot) of football. Even if there are games between teams that I don't care about, I have to watch football on thanksgiving day. The sport is incredible to watch, especially college football, and its just a good bonding time. I am actually watching some as I type this post.

3. Turkey- I think that this is something that MOST of us (not naming any names) are thankful for on this day. Not just the turkey but the whole meal in general. I would love to high five whoever first had the idea to eat a ton of incredible food at the same time and make it a yearly tradition. Good call nameless legend.

4. I could go on but all of these things I am thankful for, and the ones that I have not mentioned, can be summed up by saying that I am truly thankful to God. Hebrews 12:28 says, "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,". We should be thankful to God because He is the giver of all good things. He gave us His Son Jesus Christ who died for us so that we could live eternally with Him. This is not something that we somehow deserve, but He did it for us because He loves us. He has blessed me, and you, in so many ways.

I hope that everyone had a great thanksgiving. Spend time with the ones you love, eat lots of turkey, and watch some football. Take time to really be thankful because, think about it, is there anything that you have that you inherently deserve? Really? Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ate turkey, thank you very much!

TaylorW said...

i'm pumped to see you bloggin bro...
(but isn't your blog title the same as justin sok's ? ) just a though