Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Whatcha been doin??

May you be reminded of the greatness of the God of the universe. Whether you are going through good or bad times, may His presence reign in your life. During the past few days I have been reminded of these things. As I was going through daily activities, the Holy Spirit whispered in my ear and said,"I'm here." I headed out to do some hiking the other day. I had just finished a final, it was 70 degrees, and I wanted to clear my mind. I was supposed to be studying for a final so, of course, me and my roommate headed out to raven's run. Nothing special about this place, but it's close. As we walked along, I was enjoying different parts of nature and just being in God's creation. I made a comment to Brian, my roomate, "This is so much better than sitting on the couch and watching tv." It was great. We then proceeded to make our way down to a lookout over the kentucky river. As I stood there and saw the muddy river and the trees that stood there naked, I saw beauty. You may not have seen it on first glance, but it was there. Awhile later, I got to experience the personal aspect of our triune God. A friend was going through the day when I got word from a friend that a family member had been injured. Being the good christian boy that I am, I shot out the automatic response of I'll pray for you. Now I had to stop myself because I hate telling people that and then not praying for them. It seems like its the thing that you are supposed to say but not necessarily meant by everyone who says it. Its amazing the power we have in prayer. If I was not able to pray, what would I be able to say to people. I hope that things turn out better? I'll keep you in my thoughts? Well, thats really nice of you, but it doesn't do a cotton pickin thing. Instead God has allowed us to have direct access to his ear. I'm sorry that your loved one has had some physical problems. I am going to make sure that I ask to God of the universe and time itself if He would help that person. That's awesome. It will never cease to amaze me how big our God is, how small we are, and that HE CARES FOR US. May you be reminded of the greatness of God.

2 comments:

TaylorW said...

two quick shout-outs :

1. I agree, there are many, many, many things that can be more beneficial that just sitting in front of the TV. (We have to be very careful & discern the right time to sit in front of that thing...)

2. I feel ya on saying "Ya, I'll pray for ya." as an automatic response without giving it much thought. Prayer is powerful. Prayer changes things, more so prayer changes us. I think a sure way to get outta that habit of saying it without bringing it into fruition is to watch what we say - but more importantly pray more! Those times when someone says "I'll pray for ya." and you for sure know that they'll do it ---> wow, how amazing and encouraging that feels... May with live this out.

TaylorW said...

oops
*may WE live this out