Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Things that get me hype

Some of my posts have been pretty heavy. So, ima try and search for a good balance and try to lighten things up sometimes. I'm gonna put down a few things here that get me hyped and would love to know what hypes you up. Maybe we got some similarities. These are definitely not in any order and by no means an exhaustive list

1. I get hyped about Jesus Christ. I know I said I was gonna try and keep this on the lighter side but I gotta put this on the list. Having the opportunity to get to know an infinite God who loves and cares for you is an awesome thing to live for. You should check out His book sometime. It's a page turner.

2. A good movie is always a plus. I love when a movie has a lot of hype and lives up to it. A few that I would recommend are Dan in Real Life, Gladiator, The Bourne Movies, School of Rock, Hoosiers, Stomp the Yard, I Am Legend, and I could go on

3. College football and basketball. Sheesh have I spent some time, money, blood, sweat, and tears on this. I am a huge UK fan and always love the SEC whoopin up on the big- ten, which is becoming a given every year but never gets old.

4. A fresh new pair of basketball shoes. Look, when you open up that box and have them kicks on ya feet, you feel like MJ no matter how you play. Some of my favorite times were pickin out a new pair every year in high school.

5. Playin a round of golf with my boys. Ain't nothing like goin out with some buddies on a warm day and chasing that little white ball around. You start out with the best of intentions, but by the time you've hit the turn you are throwin the score card away. It makes me want to curse more than anything else in the world but its one of my favorite things to do. That don't make much sense but neither does paying hundreds of dollars for the whole experience either

6. The future. I love it when there is something coming up in my life and I have been waiting for it. When that day or events gets there it is awesome. The next thing I got coming is a trip to Washington D.C. for the Passion conference. I have heard a lot about this conference over the years but have never been. I hear there are gonna be some solid speakers. I'm hyped about being encouraged and challenged to grow in my faith.

7. A good book. This may not be the most popular one but let me explain. I have never been a huge reader. When I start reading a book and can't put it down, I'm pumped about it. It takes a lot for me to get excited about reading.

8. LOST. This is one of the greatest tv shows of all time. I have seen every episode and can't wait to see the 2 hour season premier that comes on next thursday january, 31. It's gonna be awesome. If you have not seen this show I highly recommend renting the first 3 seasons and skipping class for the next week and watch it straight through. This way you can catch up and understand the season premier. Yea, it's that good.

9. Music that reps Christ like the 116 clique. I love how they rhyme for Christ and every word they say is glorifying to Him. I just got Trip Lee's cd and it' s great. He doesn't waste words on jokes or something that would make him popular; he just straight rips it and packs gospel into all his tracks. And yes, ima stop this list on 9

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. I like how you stopped on nine - a classic cliff-hanger. I was expecting ten, but you caught me.

This list is pretty close to mine. There would be a couple changes here and there, but other than those tiny differences, this post is filled with things to "get hyped" on.

JHobb$ said...

Good News pt 1,2 & 3 get me hype!

jcarr said...

Hey man Passion is awesome. I'm going to the regional in Atlanta on April 11-12.Louie Giglio and Francis Chan are amazing men of God. Passion is cool, but the experience of worshiping God there is what really gets me hype.

TaylorW said...

Steven, wow, I got HYPE over your list of things that got you hype. ( a lot of similarities bro)

I get hype over things like:

Cousin' Willies Popcorn
Spicy BBQ Chips
A Clean sheet of notebook paper
Mechanical Pencils
Planet Earth

ahh, my list could go on for days, so I'll just go ahead and end it...
:-)